> Hi Guillaume,

Hello Marcus,

> we met at the FOSDEM in Brussels as we takled about the inclusion of CAcert
> root
> certificates.
> We started trying to use Ring for test purposes but we run in the following
> problems.
> We installed ring on windows and linux systems. we are able to chat but no
> call
> is going through the otherside.

Where computer are in term of networks? On the same local network or behind
some NATs?
I think you and your peer are behind NAT and are not contactable as it (no
direct P2P).
First think to do is (for you and the peer) to enable the UPnP in your Ring
account preferences.
Then if it's not working yet, you need a add a TURN server.

Follow detailed instructions here:
https://ring.cx/en/documentation/faq#node-129

> I tried to create a user account on https://tuleap.ring.cx but i did not
> recieve
> an account confirmation mail.
> When I tried to contact the Tuleap administrators as requested the mail
> returns
> with this error:
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> < codendi-ad...@tuleap.ring.cx >
> (reason: 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. )

> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to mx.ring.cx.:
> <<< 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
> <<< 550-secure-mail02.pironet-ndh.com [195.227.216.10]:43249 is not permitted
> <<< 550 relay through this server without authentication.
> 550 5.0.0 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
> <<< 503-All RCPT commands were rejected with this error:
> <<< 503-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
> <<< 503-secure-mail02.pironet-ndh.com [195.227.216.10]:43249 is not permitted
> <<< 503-relay through this server without authentication.
> <<< 503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA

You've processed right, seem there is an issue between your email box and our
server.
We're going to see what's the issue. thanks for the report

--
Guillaume Roguez | Senior Free Software Consulta nt
Ring Development Project Director

Savoir-faire Linux
7275 Saint Urbain
Bureau 200