On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 09:40:34AM +0200,
 Robert Kisteleki <rob...@ripe.net> wrote
 a message of 88 lines which said:

> We're not parsing and inserting all the bits from the raw response
> into the JSON mostly because it would inflate the size of the
> results enormously, while users are generally only interested in
> specific bits.

Also:

1) The DNS format continues evolving, for instance with new EDNS
options, so it would require the Atlas team to follow.

2) Sometimes, people are interested in invalid DNS answers, that
cannot be parsed.

> The "abuf" is always in there, so consumers of the results can parse
> that (as you already know, and as Seth does below). There are abuf
> parsers out there, and if you're using Python then I'd recommend
> using Sagan

Or use Blaeu
<https://labs.ripe.net/author/stephane_bortzmeyer/creating-ripe-atlas-one-off-measurements-with-blaeu/>:

% blaeu-resolve --measurement-ID 57629583 check.ns1.dtc.dnssec.lab.nic.cl.
[::2] : 3 occurrences
[] : 1 occurrences
Test #57629583 done at 2023-07-25T00:15:02Z