Dominic,

Dominic Schallert:

> we noticed that the PGP-Key for n...@ripe.net <mailto:n...@ripe.net> (Key
> ID: C6839AEF) has expired
> on the 2nd of February 2018. As of writing, no new public keys have been
> published
> over at https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/contact/ripe-ncc-pgp-keys
>
> Looking ahead to the rollout of the EU GDPR in May 2018, it might be
> beneficial to
> allow for PGP-encrypted communication between LIRs and RIPE NCC, besides
> the existing PGP-based database authentication mechanism.

Thanks for noticing this and bringing it up.

One might say that since you are the first to notice and report this,
almost a month after it expired, perhaps we should abandon PGP as a
communication mechanism? Maybe we should ask the RIPE NCC to provide a
more modern secure channel to communicate with them, such as Signal or
some other open source encryption technology?

Cheers,

--
Shane