bpa wrote:
> Start simple.
>
> Does stdout approach save PCM OK to a file - that can be played back
> later ?
>
> Remember - any output file format that has a header may not be complete
> as when you stop recording - buffer will be flushed but the header at
> the start of the file may not be updated.

Well I did try:

squeezelite -o - > /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/recordings/raw.wav

but that had already written a 44GB file before I managed to turn it
off. I forgot the -a 16 and it didn't play back. Source file for testing
is from a 16bit 44100Hz CD rip.

After that I decided to try saving the ssd and going for smaller files.