chincheta0815 wrote:
> BTW: Is there any recent list/matrix showing those supported audio file
> systems?

As stated earlier - LMS using transcoding means most (if not all
current) audio formats are playable so whether a player can play a
format natively is in practice irrelevant.

So rather than a matrix of what is possible - I think the list of what
is NOT possible would be relevant - I think that list is very small and
mainly old formats. The only one I can think off at the moment is
RealAudio. There are other old codecs or niche (e.g. MIDI) which
are/were supported using transcoding by 3rd party plugins.

MPEG-4 format (the usual container format with extension mp4) is a
comprehensive standard aimed at handling multiple different sorts of
media streams in the same file - so it can have video, audio tracks with
chaptering, ads, metadata and subtitles - most of which is overkill for
simple audio files with cover art and a bit of metadata and it does
nothing to improve / degrade audio quality.