Verstuurd

Van: Robert Jeffares
Verzonden: ‎zondag‎ ‎10‎ ‎november‎ ‎2013 ‎08‎:‎51
Aan: rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org; navd...@radiospice.co.nz

 On 07/11/13 23:06, Peter van Embden wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to time an event backwards?

yes

Is it possible to not start a new record when the clock is about to end within
a minute? Instead of a song, I'd rather have drone and/or station promo.

yes

It is possible to download the news automatically, but is it also possible to
let a bed play "under" the news? And that the newsfile is leading, so the bed
will stop playing as soon as the news is over and it's time for the next event.

yes yes

Does Rivendell have a commercialplanner? Or is there another way to deal with
commercials in a clock?

no, yes

We work with volunteers only, who will not always be able to broadcast live
(mainly shows in the evening). Those people record their shows in advance.
Sometimes at home, sometimes in the studio. This question has some points:
Is Rivendell able to record the mixer in studio while it is off air?

yes

If someone records his/her show at home (or at the studio without using
Rivendell) with Audacity or so, and saves the file to a certain location, can I
program Rivendell to automatically start that file?

in a word yes

Is it possible to use Rivendell to voicetrack a show with own musicfiles? E.g.
user inserts USB-drive into Rivendell-machine and inserts his music into a
playlist or a certain time in the playlist (where his show will be broadcasted).

own music files get loaded in to system, but yes

Does Rivendell use the original audio files, or puts them in a database of its
own?
files are saved as wav [or mpeg2] Data is saved in database.

As I told in the introduction, the studio already runs Linux and everyone had
his/her own login. Where does Rivendell get/store the login-data? Or, as I was
told to ask, is Rivendell PAM? What does it use for
user-database/authenitifcation method?

linux login can give access to 1 or more rivendell users depending on your
needs; each user can have more or less access

We do not want everybody to f*ck up the whole schedule (we work with
volunteers, some are just plain stupid or really like to mess around, because
they don't care). How do I prevent my users from being able to edit the main
playlist or other scheduled events? In the system we use now, everyone is able
to "skip the news" (most people don't know this, or don't know how to this, but
it is possible for every user). I don't want this to be able to happen anymore.

you can control who has access to everything. total absolute.

We have 3 (in the future 4) types of programmes: Non-stop, live-assist and
pre-recorded (voicetracking will be added as soon as we are able to do so).
Nobody (except admin, of course) will be able to mess with non-stop. Is it
possible to let non-stop play from a server and switch to live-assist when
programmed? I mean, it is possible to switch the mixer on-air and off-air,
isn't it? Let's say it's saturdaymorning and non-stop will be playing untill
8.00. After that, we have the news, traffic, commercials, promo's and Top of
the Hour, and then a live-assist show starts. From that moment on, the mixer
will have to be On-Air, but the host will need a log to be loaded with the
music and item jingles he needs. In which he will have to be able to skip and
add certain audio. But at around 9.00 the news will have to overrule whatever
is happening, without the host being able to interfere.
you can arrange this: Taking the mixer out of circuit will involve an external
switch which takes the audio card output and routes it to the stage after the
mixer in the programme chain.

Does Rivendell have a silence-detector? If it's silent for more than a certain
time, something should start playing! Can Rivendell automatically build an
"emergency playlist" to fill a gap?
NO

Can a macro-command als load a certain soundboard? So at the start of every
hour (of at the start of an event) the specific soundboard for that show will
be loaded.
yes

I haven't been able to figure out how voicetracking works, due to I have tested
it on a laptop (installed Linux onto a USB-drive, works fine and Windows still
works on the internal HDD) with a very simple soundcard, but I figure it has
the possibility to adjust segue-points for that one time?
yes

When a show is using live-assist, is it possible to "group" audio? So that
after a talk, the host can just start a jingle and walk away, because Rivendell
"non-stops" a song (or 2) afterwards until the next talk?

no you need to go to auto for that

If this is possible, is it then possible to manually fine-tune the mixing of
the group? If you have ever worked with Dalet or PC-Radio, you'll know what i
mean.

the question excludes the answer you need which is yes you can fine tune the
final mix

Allright, it were quite some more questions than I predicted, but if all of
these are answered positively, I can start installing Rivendell in the studio,
start building a playlist (gotta love that part, NOT) and let the radiostation
switch to Rivendell before 2014. Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,

Peter van Embden

Radio Capelle, The Netherlands

Verstuurd