Assuming you DON'T have a console with Axia link capability, you then need GPIO capability on your Rivendell computer, or perhaps some fancy TCP/IP system behind your "button" that would be able to send out an RML command through Ethernet.

In my case I have a Broadcast Tools ACS 8.2 switcher with GPIO capability that Rivendell fully supports.

I will assume you have some sort of GPIO capability:

You then wire the switch up to a GPIO input, and configure the trigger in rdadmin to play a macro. It is quite buried: Manage Hosts > [Host] > RDAirplay > Switchers GPIO > Switchers > [Swithcher/GPIO] > Configure GPIs.

You then tell the GPI to run on macro on either "ON" or "OFF" (could depend on how the switch is wired)

The Macro then just needs to have this command in it:

PL 1!

(for Play Log 1)

If you also want to switch from "live Assist" to "Auto" mode, you will also need to add that command:

PM 2 1!

I often fancy the macro up by adding something like:

LC BLUE Remote Started Playlist!
SP 1000
LC BLUE !