To any interested parties trying to use RDacity:

Matthew has been trying to compile this version of Audacity and I wanted to try
and give people a heads up
if you are trying to build in in Linux. May be able to save you some time.

This first hurdle I usually get is unable to find mysql.h.

I remember having to get over that hurdle, and in my digging around I found
that my Linux environment (Ubuntu) had the flags in them for that.
Been a while since I built Audacity in this envionment, so please bear with
me...

Probably a way to get configure to find these, but at the time my understanding
of configure was very minimal (probably still is...)
I added them into my .bashrc file so whenever I logged into a shell they were
predefined.

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/mysql"
export LIBS="-lmysqlclient"

My environment was defined this way - your mysql development include / library
may be defined differently...
I am also assuming you installed libmysqlclient-dev onto your system.
If you have installed it then the command line mysql_config command can tell
you where those are.

By typing
"mysql_config --cflags" tells you where the CPPFLAGS should be set to
and then
"mysql_config --libs" tells you where the librarys are. The LIBS directive
usually knows where this lives
but needs the name i.e. "LIBS=-lmysqlclient".

All this being said, I am guessing you downloaded and compiled the
rivendell-c-api library. You will need to also
have that in the CPPFLAGS and LIBS directive.

You will ALSO need the LIBCURL libraries installed, and it needs to be able to
find them as well.
So - another CPPFLAG and LIBS directive probably. LibCurl is neccessary to
compile rivendell-c-api
so you must build this BEFORE building rivendell-c-api.

As I said - I haven't build this in Linux in awhile, and I have never built
this version (with the three
libraries) in Linux at all - only windows. So................happy hunting.

Todd Baker
Radio Free Asia, Washington D.C.
(Give a shout if you have questions).