What's a "Rivendell"??? Once a "product" is known, it works ("Google"?),
but until its reputation takes hold, it's a crap-shoot as to whether it
will become a household name.

I also like the technique of name mashups: Something like Rivian or
Debindell (but those are a bit too close to "Purple" and "Pango").

So I'm all for the more descriptive names like "Rivendell on Debian".
Boring, I know, but it gets the point across.

Actually, ... I'm liking Rivian at the moment... :)

  ~David