In our case, we have several Riv clients on a server but the dropbox setup
will be mostly the same on a standalone box as well.  I set up a shared
folder (rd_xfer) on all Riv clients in our network containing folders named
for each group that staff would drop audio into, such as Music,
Instrumentals, Teaching Programs, MiniPrograms, etc. On a standalone box, I
created a folder on the desktop for importation with the specific group
folders inside. There is nothing special about these. They are only a place
to drop the audio files to be imported. Next you will point Dropbox to
them.

In RDAmin, select Manage Hosts and then select the client that will
actually do the importation, if a standalone box, select localhost  (I used
to spread this around various clients but if any one got turned off then
some imports didn't happen so I use only the client in my office for all
imports now), click Manage Hosts>Dropboxes>Add. Select the Default Group
that these audio files should import into such as Music, then type the path
to the file to import or click on Select and navigate to it and select the
folder where the audio will be dropped, adding *.wav, *.mp3 or *.* to the
end of the path depending on what type of audio you will be importing.
Example:  /home/rd/rd_xfer/Music/*.wav .  Note: Sometimes special
characters, dashes, dots etc in the audio file name can prevent
importation. Also the extension is case sensitive unless you use *.* to
grab everything.

You do not have to specify the cart number unless you want all those cuts
in one cart. You do not have to set all the options. Don't delete before
importing.  In Log File, I specify where to keep logs to help troubleshoot
if something isn't importing. You can make a folder wherever called
something like dropbox_logs and then navigate to it, adding the name you
will identify it by at the end of the path such as music_import.log .

 If you use schedule codes, this is the place to set them if you do a lot
of importing. You can always change them in the library but there's nothing
like the wrong kind of audio playing when you didn't want it because you
forgot to go back to set the code or dates.

I like to delete source files after import so I see that they imported and
don't build up leaving me wondering what imported and what didn't.  I
suggest you normalize, typically -13 and you may want to set autotrim as
well.  Once you click OK and close the host setup, you should be able to
drop audio into the dropbox folder you setup and after about 30 secs, it
should begin importation.

We use a service called Amb-OS which downloads specific pre-recorded audio
programs from a server a little like FTP. For those, I run a script every
hour to check and import anything that has downloaded into the proper cart
including setting or modifying dates in the options. It has worked so well
for the last couple years I nearly forget that it's running. For programs
we manually download from FTP sites, I use Filezilla presetting what folder
each program drops into and those get imported via dropbox.

I hope this helps.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150 <(956)%20380-8150>
Cell: 865-803-7427 <(865)%20803-7427>

Rio Grande Bible Institute
4300 S US Hwy 281
Edinburg, TX 78539

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:41 PM, <ija...@jamcorbroadcast.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> Office: 956-380-8150
>> Cell: 865-803-7427
>>
>> Rio Grande Bible Institute
>> 4300 S US Hwy 281
>> Edinburg, TX 78539
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 8:09 AM, David Backovsky
>> <david.backov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I've already found this issue before, so I changed almost all
>>> transitions to Play instead of Segue. From what I understood segue
>>> can interrupt, so it has two meanings you can edit "segues" manually
>>> on a track by track basis, or set "segue" transitions which fade but
>>> also interrupt (if i understood correctly). I don't take risks with
>>> logs, so I add a manual log chain with RDLogEdit everyday, we had
>>> continuous issues with automatic log chaining and I don't trust it.
>>> If you know how to schedule a log chain event in a clock please let
>>> me know...
>>>
>>> We play News at the top of every hour from 11 - 18, so I have a BBC
>>> style countdown that interrupts the previous event and then goes
>>> into the news. How would I make a long fade on that event, manually
>>> inside the cart/cut or event? Or is it a segue transition (and you
>>> set a long "manual" or "forced" segue in RDAirplay settings?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 2:58 PM, <41001...@python.interpring.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you using "segue" or "play" transitions? If you're getting
>>> unexpected transitions from one event to the next, unexplainable by
>>> the presence of timed events in your log, try changing all "segue"
>>> transitions to "play".
>>>
>>> Re: hard starts at the top of the hour: do they absolutely have to
>>> be right at the top of the hour? If so, you'll need to put some sort
>>> of "fill event" at the end of each hour, such as instrumental music
>>> or an old-fashioned interval signal (e.g "Shiroka strana moya
>>> rodnaya") and set the fade time to three or four seconds to make a
>>> gentle fade-out.
>>>
>>> At WSCS and the other WCN stations, there is exactly one hard start
>>> each day, in the middle of the night, preceded by a long piece of
>>> fill music; the rest of the day is programmed to time out naturally
>>> as close as possible to the top of each hour. This works, but not so
>>> well that we would be able to catch CBS news live at the top of the
>>> hour.
>>>
>>> Oh, and don't put a hard start or a make-next anywhere near
>>> midnight, unless you know what you're doing. I don't know how many
>>> times I've had calls from people wondering why their stations were
>>> running Wednesday's log on Tuesday.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> --
>>> Я там, где ребята толковые,
>>> Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",
>>> Где песни рабочие новые
>>> Страна трудовая поёт.
>>>
>>> On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, D. B. .B. B. wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the replies. We don't use dropboxes, we import files
>>> from the local drive. I always check segment length when importing