On Apr 11, 2018, at 08:37, Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:

> I didn't realize arecord worked with ASI HPI drivers; I whought it was
> ALSA-specific.

It is. Testing an ASI card with that tool will be meaningless, as Rivendell
uses the ASI-specific HPI mode of the card, not ALSA.

Fortunately though, test tools for HPI are included with the ASI driver. Do:

        asihpirec —help

to get a set of options for testing record functionality. There is also
‘asihpiplay’ and ‘asihpitest’ programs.

Cheers!