Marcos,

You should still be able to mount in fstab using the IP and mount
location just as you have in the past.  The one difficulty with this is
if a workstation for some reason reboots and the file share on the
server is not available, then it can hang while booting.  This isn't any
different from how mounting upon boot through /etc/fstab has been in the
past - there's always been the possibility that a reboot when the share
isn't available could cause a freeze.  This can be frustrating if trying
to troubleshoot.

The other option is to write a script that will mount your server's
/var/snd to /var/snd and set up the script to run after boot.  This will
prevent lockups if the workstation reboots and the server isn't
available, but could also result in a situation where the workstation
appears to have booted but has no audio available.

Lorne Tyndale