Damon Courtney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>     I am currently writing up a TclX compatibility library.  Of
> course, I can't write the whole thing, nor do I want to.  I'm just
> writing up the basic commands that I think are really important (and
> mostly easy to do).

Why not just use TclX if you want TclX?  Or is this more of a
TclX-light, with the commands you find most useful?

>     My question is this.  Should I include these commands as
> commands of Rivet?  Or, should I include these commands in a package
> called Tclxcompat?  Currently, I have them in a package called
> Tclxcompat, but I think it might be cool to have them as commands of
> Rivet.

This sounds like non-Tcl core kinds of things that could go in their
own package.  Sure they would be cool commands as part of Rivet, but
that doesn't mean everyone wants or needs them.

Once we put something in the core, I don't think it is going to be
possible to take it out again, at least not without pissing people
off.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/