Hi Harald

On 09/16/2015 09:29 AM, Harald Oehlmann wrote:

The later thinking gives arguments to define exit as "abort thread or
process".

It is also interesting what happens to exit calls on the C level,
libraries may use: Tcl_Exit, Tcl_ExitThread

Thank you,
Harald

I agree Harald, I think we have to find the best possible way to drive the behavior of 'exit' and let it fit into Rivet ecosystem in the most gentle way.

AFAIK Tcl_ExitThread is the proper way at C-language level to terminate a thread created by the Tcl Thread library. It's equivalent to apr_thread_exit, that I used having followed in the worker bridge (and in general in mod_rivet) the design of having APR controlling everything not very Tcl specific, avoiding as much as possible intersections between the 2 libraries. In other words, I called Tcl_* from a certain level up and stuck to APR for anything from that level down towards the Apache framework...

 -- Massimo