On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 21:52 -0700, Duane Loftus wrote:

> OK .. guess I really screwed the pooch here somehow.  NOW when I go to
> do a scan I get the following:
>
> ][r...@ip-208-109-24-147 ~]# rkhunter -c -sk
> System startup file is a symbolic link: /etc/rc.local
>
> What did I do?  I changed some variables in the rkhunter.conf file
> on /etc/rkhunter.conf - but what?

I suspect you have set the STARTUP_PATHS config option. Remove it, RKH
will detect the startup paths just fine for Fedora.

I would recommend leaving the default installed config file alone, and
then run RKH. Then only modify those options which cause a warning,
everything else will be automatically detected.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001