On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 15:50 -0800, Al Varnell wrote:
> On 11/20/10 3:26 PM, "Robert Holtzman" <hol...@cox.net> wrote:

> >          ..........snip..........
> >

> >> Did you run --update first?  There was an update to the RKH DB in
> >> conjunction with the rollout of the new version.  You do know that v1.3.8
> >> is
> >> out, right?  Lots of good new stuff.
> >
> > Will --update update to 1.3.8? I'm running the Ubuntu version of 1.3.6-3
> >
> According to the man "This command option causes rkhunter to check if there
> is a later version of any of its text data files." so it would only update
> the database and not update to 1.3.8.
>
> > and --update yielded this:
> >
> > hol...@localhost:~$ sudo rkhunter --update
> > [sudo] password for holtzm:
> > [ Rootkit Hunter version 1.3.6 ]
> >
> > Checking rkhunter data files...
> >   Checking file mirrors.dat                                  [ No update]
> >   Checking file programs_bad.dat                             [ No update]
> >   Checking file backdoorports.dat                            [ No update]
> >   Checking file suspscan.dat                                 [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/cn                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/de                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/en                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/zh                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/zh.utf8                                 [ No update]
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> These are all stored in /private/var/lib/rkhunter/db/.  Check if they are
> all dated Nov 17.  If so then you must have run --update it since then.  If
> not, then I don't know as much as I thought I did about the process.

I see what's causing the warnings, looking at
the /var/lib/rkhunter/programs_bad.dat file I see the among the string
of outdated versions is:

gpg:1.4.10
httpd:2.2.15
openssl:1.0.0a

I see that there is a new version of openssl dated 17 Nov however I'll
wait for Mandriva to publish the newer rpm, the same with httpd. GPG, I
can upgrade as I installed it from source. For now I've just whitelisted
the above three apps until newer versions are installed.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C