On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 15:50 -0800, Al Varnell wrote:
> On 11/20/10 3:26 PM, "Robert Holtzman" <hol...@cox.net> wrote:

> > Checking rkhunter data files...
> >   Checking file mirrors.dat                                  [ No update]
> >   Checking file programs_bad.dat                             [ No update]
> >   Checking file backdoorports.dat                            [ No update]
> >   Checking file suspscan.dat                                 [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/cn                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/de                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/en                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/zh                                      [ No update]
> >   Checking file i18n/zh.utf8                                 [ No update]
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> These are all stored in /private/var/lib/rkhunter/db/.

For OS X maybe, but not for all O/S's :-)

> Check if they are all dated Nov 17.  If so then you must have run --update it
> since then.  If
> not, then I don't know as much as I thought I did about the process.

Only the language files are updated according to the running version of
RKH (that is, there are 1.3.4 language files, 1.3.6 language files,
1.3.8 language files etc). The other '.dat' files are the same for all
versions of RKH. New versions were released to coincide with 1.3.8 being
released. As such users of 1.3.6 (and before) may well see results
different from previously if they have run 'rkhunter --update' because
the '.dat' files have been updated.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001