On 3/1/07, Allen Gilliland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Elias Torres wrote:
> I have 2 proposals, plus 3 more coming (Reverse Proxy, Lucene Search
> revamping and continue discussing language detection). Everything else
> is little bug fixes here and there.
>
> All of those proposals can be worked in w/o a need of a major branch
> (the worse would be to break search for a few days or such).
>
> If 4.0 branch is stable enough, then I got my answer: work on branch 4.0
> . I don't want to force you to work on a branch unless it's counter
> productive to the rest of us.

I think a special branch for the new backend / persistence bake-off
makes the most sense and provides the cleanest approach, so that's what
I vote for.

OK given the number of new 4.0 proposals coming and your apparently
more flexible time-lines, I agree, we need a new roller_4.0_backend
branch. I will create one ASAP and make the roller_4.0 branch default
to old-school Hibernate so we can have maximum stability there.

Thanks for sharing your plans. From my point of view, the sooner we
can lock down 4.0 feature set and time-lines the better.

- Dave