On 3/8/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Small things, but I wanted to see what people thought.

*1* Sticky entries. User is able to make a blog remain at the top of
their HTML (though not their RSS). The order of multiple sticky
entries would remain by date.

I'm never sure what Pinned to Main means, I think it pins it to the
planet-like blog on the front page? It doesn't seem to do the above
and there's nothing on the standard blog install now that seems to
match the javadoc description of: "True if story should be pinned to
the top of the Roller site main blog."

I consider that a bug. The standard front-page theme should support
pinned-to-main, which is a Global-Admin only way to pin a blog entry
to the front-page of a Roller site.

I think adding a "pinned" option for make good sense.

*2* Shareable posts. The ability for a user to post to more than one
blog at a time. Rather than copying them, I think what we'd do is have
the blog entry be authored for one blog, but then have the ability for
the author (or another author on that blog) to share them with other
blogs. I'm unsure whether the permissions should be:

i) An author can share to any blog that they have write permissions to.
ii) An author can share to any blog that is set up as able to share to
in the blog's permissions (regardless of permissions).
iii) Both of the above; ie) configure the blogs you can share to AND need perms.

Sounds kind of complicated. You'd do that via many-to-many
relationship between weblogs and entries?  Can't we solve that problem
with aggregation instead?

- Dave