Thanks for the test.  From your message in the other room I am concluding
that it's working properly now (minus the features that you correctly observed
are not implemented).  This version is also running on Uncensored, so if anyone
wants to point their Pidgin client permanently at Uncensored, you can totally
do that.

 I forgot to mention this, but you've probably discovered it already: Citadel
XMPP uses a set of heuristics we call "everyone's a buddy", which abuses the
XMPP roster to simply show you everyone who's online instead of only buddies
you've pre-selected.
 For the type of systems where people use Citadel, this is almost always what
they wanted anyway.