De : Ros-dev [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] De la part de Riccardo Paolo
Bestetti
Envoyé : mardi 12 décembre 2017 22:01
À : ReactOS Development List
Objet : Re: [ros-dev] Merging our x86 HALs

My bi-annual IT guy peak:

Is there a real need to?

I think not.

B.R.

Riccardo P. Bestetti

From: Ros-dev [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] On Behalf Of Javier Agustìn
Fernàndez Arroyo
Sent: martedì 12 dicembre 2017 18:13
To: ReactOS Development List <ros-dev@reactos.org>
Subject: Re: [ros-dev] Merging our x86 HALs

Win8 does not support old hardware as ReactOS do!

El 12 dic. 2017 17:52, "Alex Ionescu" <ion...@videotron.ca> escribió:

I would move to the Win8+ HAL Model -- a single HAL for APIC, ACPI with runtime
support for UEFI (if present) and MP (if present).

If people still want to run on a PIC VM (why???) or old computer, then we can
also maintain the HAL PIC x86 for UP.

Hence there would only be 2 HALs.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu