That's why I'm extremely in favour of keeping the HAL x86 Standard PC
mono-processor separate from the other hals (I mean, as a separate dll).
But if you find inside some code that can be shared with the ACPI/APIC/whatever
other hal, then just share it! (maybe use some #ifdefs inside as long as it
doesn't imply recopying twice the file contents into the ifdef blocks).

Regards