Hi John,
It would be nice to have abstraction layer for SQL query itself.
I've seen that you have QueryBuilder class but its not really cohesive
with Rose::DB::Object paradigm. What I am looking for is row based object
which
knows about allowed fields and operations and therefore can be passed to
some
OO API and then execute method might be called and iterator on results
returned. Something like:

 my $query = Rose::DB::TableName::Manager->getSelect();
 $query->someField->setCondition(eq => 'somename') if
$query->can("someField");
 $query->anotherField->addCondition(lt => '1000') if
$query->can("anotherField");
 $query->anotherField->addCondition( gt => '0') if
$query->can("anotherField");

 my $iterator = $query->get_iterator();
Or may be you can point me to the proper technique to follow with current
implementation.
 Also, is it possible to support XPath based sql queries. (like for example
'/dbname:[EMAIL PROTECTED] = "somevalue" and @field2 > "1000"]' )
It might lead to some interesting applications where direct mapping from
some XML chunk is one of thoughts.
Basic idea to avoid remapping from some XML chunk and design XML schema so
it will follow db schema.
Thanks,
                         Maxim Grigoriev.