On Monday 04 September 2006 12:44 pm, Chris Cannam wrote:

> Ah, so the suggestion is that we don't bother to get the translations up to
> date at all for the feature release, but then rely on having a stable
> release series (which we don't currently have) and bringing the
> translations up to date gradually throughout that series?

I'm reading it that translation updates happen externally to our own release
cycle, and some third party would put out a rosegarden-i18n-fr or whatever
independently.  Fire off the release with English intact, and forget it.

I could be reading the exchange through wishful-thinking-colored glasses
though.  Further comment from translatorly folks invited!

> > We don't have any guitar tab yet.  [...]
> > I think you're talking about the guitar fretboard stuff.
>
> Sorry, yes, I was making the same old mistake.

I suppose it's understandable, since you play a real instrument that doesn't
need no steenkin' frets.

> Apparently not.  I can't think offhand of any obvious reason why not.  It
> might be a simple fix once one gets into the code.  I seem to remember
> Stephen reporting that he didn't know why they didn't print either (though
> that was obviously a while ago).

Yeah, I do too, come to think of it, and none of us had an explanation why.
I'm still out of paper, so....

> OK, I've now committed a suitable collapsible frame thing.  It still has
> room for improvement, and I may yet make the odd enhancement, but it feels
> pretty usable to me.  What do you think?

I think it's rather more elegant than I expected, really.  It probably does
enough to call the issue dealt with, but I do find myself wanting to see the
IPB carved up somehow in similar fashion.  It would cost more room when
everything is expanded, but it would save room if I only want to deal with
the program, or only want to deal with the initial controllers, or what have
you.  I think that would be quite nice.

But no, I'm not going to go code it, and if it doesn't get done, it doesn't
get done.  This will definitely do.

I didn't delete my rosegardenrc to take the new default.  Did you change the
stock default mode back to stacked as part of this change?  Probably after
this nobody will actually want tabs unless they have to deal with a huge
number of controllers.

Nicely done!

--
D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre  ----   Silvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>