Hello all,

I apologize in advance for not being able to provide more details right
now.  I'm not near the machine where I did this on.

I found a hack to allow MIDI export to work.  In one of the modules there
are note off events removed, with a comment something to the effect of
"remove any previous note off events for this note" (heavily paraphrased).
 It traverses a datastructure and removes some note off events.  This is
in a function, underneath another line or two of code that does something
else with note-off events.

If you disable the lower section of code which removes note off events in
this single function then MIDI export appears to work correctly.  At the
very least, there are no more stuck notes.  I was working with an SVN
version from about a month ago.

This is almost assuredly not the right way to fix the problem, as the code
to remove note offs looks like it was put there on purpose.  But it may
give a hint towards a proper fix to someone with more Rosegarden knowledge
than me.

Again, sorry for the lack of specifics.  If there is interest I can look
up exactly what I did in a couple of days and report back to the list.  Or
maybe it is already fixed correctly, which would be the best case.  I'm
not able to update from SVN right now so I can't check.

-Michael J. Wilson