Perhaps some more encouragement, I did the music for the iPhone video
game "Star Rangers" back in 2009 using Rosegarden for everything until
the mastering stage. My orchestral SoundFonts at the time were pretty
awful, but it was my first time doing a game soundtrack, and my first
project using only open-source software. You can hear the music at this
page <http://www.schristiancollins.com/compositions.php>, and you will
need to scroll down to "Film and Game Scores" to see it.

-~Chris