Hi all,

I use Rosegarden to teach composition to middle school students. For a long
time, I used Studio64 but it wasn't being updated and I was running into
driver issues on new hardware installations. In August, I installed XUbuntu
and added all of the music programs I use but have been really unhappy with
Ubuntu. There have been stability issues and frequent loss of communication
to software synthesizers. Before I do my next round of compositions, I want
to ditch Ubuntu.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an audio distro? Remember, I am doing
this with middle school student so stability and consistency are paramount.
Personally, I have been a suse person for several years but there are a
couple of quirks to doing digital audio and MIDI on suse that I don't mind
dealing with myself but don't want to spring on my students.

Thanks.

Dave