On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 08:55:30 -0500

> With ZynAddSubFX, there is (or was, and probably still isn't) anything
> to import.  It doesn't understand program changes, full stop, so the
> only way to control what track plays what is by assigning the channel,
> which is the same thing as the instrument number, #1, #2, #3, and so
> forth.  (Make sure channel remains set to [Fixed], for reasons I won't
> take time to explain at this time.)

To be fair, Zyn does now understand program changes, but *only* for parts that
have been previously enabled.

However, their management of bank changes is not MIDI standard.

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of (many) gods on my head. Yoshimi gets
that bit completely right - it may have a different set of wrong 'uns :)

Disclaimer:
I'm the lead developer for Yoshimi.

--
W J G