On 04/18/2016 09:19 AM, Silas Mortimer wrote:
> I have a song that begins with an intro that I wrote in Rosegarden,
> then transitions to a guitar/bass/drum-based song. I'm making the drum
> line in Hydrogen.

I hadn't experimented with any of that in years, and I just took a crash
refresher course.

The best I can do is check [x] Use JACK Transport on the general options
configuration page.  That gets Rosegarden and Hydrogen stopping and
starting in sync, but from there it's up to their respective clocks, and
the clocks drift.

I couldn't repeat your gross timing discrepancy between the
applications, but I couldn't really work out an effective way to use
both of these sequencers at the same time either.

This is why I used to do the sequencing in Rosegarden, and play Hydrogen
like any other soft synth.  Looking at it with fresh eyes, it still
seems to be the best I can do.

It used to be possible to import Hydrogen song files directly into
Rosegarden for this purpose.  It never quite worked reliably, and
eventually it outright broke.  The code got orphaned years ago.  If
somebody took a notion, they could probably update it to the latest
Hydrogen file format and resurrect that bit of functionality.

--
D. Michael McIntyre