Hi,
I am running rosegarden on a neat Dell Latitude E7440, under
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS \"Bionic Beaver\" - Release amd64 (20190805),
kernel 4.15.0-88-lowlatency.
No additional soundcard is available.
Rosegarden works fine.

I should like to load a midi file, then change the instruments.

Beside the "default" engine, associated to FluidR3_GM.sf2 file,
I added 3 engines via qsynth,
PC51f, 2MBGMGS, TimGM6mb,
associated to the corresponding .sf2 files that I found on the WEB.

I start rosegarden, load a .rg file (let's say Beethoven 5th symphony),
play...
All is OK.
Now I activate qsynth. I click on PC51f engine...
Sound does not change...

I click "restart" on qsynth GUI.
No change.
I do not understand if fluidsynth is used by rosegarden.

Indeed jack is involved.
Stopping/resuming jack via qjackctl stops/resumes playing.
But what about fluidsynth?
What about the "connections" in jack?
There are so many, rather obscure to me...

I browsed the web, but I cannot well understand the connections
rosegarden-jack-fluidsynth.

Any suggestion?
Best!
Prof. Flavio Sartoretto