On 4/27/20 1:51 AM, liebre...@grossmann-venter.com wrote:
Rosegarden Crashes repeatedly when I stop a recording.
You also lose the entire recording even if autosave was on.
It just eats everything.

Is this a known bug with 17.12 ?

There is no known bug with that description. You can search the bug reports here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/

In general, I try to address crashes within a day or two. The only current outstanding crash involves opening a file of one type as another (#1579).

I cannot upgrade to the most recent rosegarden as there is seemingly a bug in the cmake instructions.

The square brackets, "[]", in the instructions mean that the value or option are *optional*. Do not type in the square brackets. This is a common convention when describing commands. You'll see it in man pages. As an example, if I look at the man page for the "ls" command:

$ man ls

...I see this:

SYNOPSIS
       ls [OPTION]... [FILE]...

The [OPTION] means that options are optional. It does not mean to type this:

$ ls [OPTION]

  It means I can run ls with or without an option.  Like this:

$ ls
$ ls -l

I also noticed that you are running a shell as root. That is universally considered dangerous as it allows you to make whatever modifications you want to the system. Including ones that could damage your system and cause Rosegarden to crash. I would recommend running as a limited user instead.

Anyway, let us know if you need any more help. We should be able to get you through the build and run process. And we always need more people doing testing.

Ted.