Hi Stefano,

On 06/06/20 18:17, stefano franchi wrote:
I'm new to Rosegarden and I wonder how to control transport operations from an external DAW, in my case Ardour 6. The manual says it's possible, but I'm failing to find the correct connections, it seems. Can anyone help?>

[...]

I was expecting Rosegarden to start playing as soon as Ardour started recording. Did not happen.

For syncing Rosegarden and Ardour I recommend you look into JACK Transport [1][2][3]

Hope this helps.
Lorenzo

[1] https://jackaudio.org/api/transport-design.html
[2] https://manual.ardour.org/synchronization/timecode-generators-and-slaves/
[3] https://www.rosegardenmusic.com/doc/en/transport-external.html

The Midi in connection in Ardour works---if I start Rosegarden manually, I can both hear and record its output in Ardour. But I can't control it from Ardour.

What am I missing?