I use a system that goes like this

For output streams

Pulseaudio->PulseaudioJackSync->Jackd->Alsa->AudioInterface

Problem is that I can only configure Rosegarden to play directly through Jack. that would have been OK if Rosegardne actually had a functional volume control which it seems not to have. I open the audio mixer and the midi mixer and playing back a midi clip neither of these mixers manage to act as a volume control. Rosegarden is really great software, i have no complaionts but obvious things like VOLUME CONMTROL is not even present which really undermines this excellent software.

Why not have a GLOBAL master volume on the interface ?
It is not in the scope of jack to have mixers and volume controls. I verified that with the Jack developers on several occasions

If the above with Jack turns out not to have a volume control, how do I configure Rosegarden to use Pulseaudio ? In the Audio Config there are only jack settings and no Pulse Audio or Alsa or other settings I can select to use these.

3) ----
Also, there is a repeatable crash stopping a recording taking the contents of the recording with it which is very destructive. Most of the times inspirations can only be captured once and not reproduced and it is heartbreaking if Rosegarden just crashes when you press the stop button. It goes a bit better with less crashes if I just click on the record button again to stop a midi recording.
Question is: Is this a known bug for the last few releases ?

Thank you.