On 2020-06-19 03:15, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

re only jack settings and no Pulse Audio or Alsa or other settings I can select to use these.

Like most linux audio/music software Rosegarden uses jack. There are
ways to route jack through pulseaudio. Search for pulseaudio jack sink
there are various tutorials on how to do it.

As I mentioned in my original post, I have pulseaudio wioth Jack Syncs running and it works perfectly for all other applications.

Rosegarden by default seems to route to Jack and there is no way in Rosegarden for me to make it use Pulaseaudio. That is the problem. Pulseaudio cannot make a connection to Rosegarden, Rosegarden must initiate connection to Pulseaudio, which I can find no way of doing.

It works as is through Jack, but there is no volume control possible which makes it unusable, therefore I need to work through pulse rather so I can use Pulse's keyboard shortcuts for volume control.