On 6/30/20 1:11 PM, Malhaire Christophe wrote:
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like "24:0 Unitor8 MIDI 1 (duplex)" requested for device 2 AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: fuzzy match 24:0 XV-5050 MIDI 1 (duplex) available with fitness 1

Interesting. So it looks like we need to more heavily weight the name portion and downplay the device/port numbers. Especially, it seems, the device numbers (24 in this case) which can maybe be completely ignored since they are completely unpredictable.

This looks like it might be really easy to fix. I will have a closer look. Hopefully you can hang around for a couple of weeks and help me with the testing. I should be back to working on rg this weekend.

Ted.