I was recently working on an audio project in RG using an existing midi as
a guide track and encountered a couple of pesky issues I haven't run up
against before.

The midi I imported (understandably) didn't have any audio track, so I
added eight of them at one go via tracks->add tracks.... Doing so has the
unfortunate result that all of them come up as audio #1 rather than audio
#1-8 as might be expected and as is the case in a new empty file. As such,
they have no independent volume control and are all on the same effects
bus. A suboptimal arrangement.

While the solution was simply to manually change them to audio #1 through
audio #8,  it  didn't jump right out at me until after a bit of thinking,
never having come across this particular situation in my 15+ years of using
RG.

Is this a bug or a feature?

My second irritant is that it is no longer possible to copy and paste
between separate invocations of RG. I distinctly remember having done so in
the past. That is to say, if I have a part in one file that I wish to paste
into another, it won't do to open them both up in seperate invocations of
RG and copy and paste between them (as I have done at some point in the
distant past). The clipboard is not shared between the two instances of RG.

Instead, I have to open one file, copy the stuff I want, close that file
and open the other. Ok if it's just one copy and paste operation, but get
pretty darn tedious  if I want to transplant several chunks.

I struggle to imagine a context in which I would prefer the current
behaviour to the old one, but maybe there's a perfectly good reason for it
in someone's eyes.