On 01/03/21 14:47, rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
 From the peanut gallery:

On Monday, March 01, 2021 03:10:17 AM Mike Knott wrote:
So... a few questions:
First and foremost, I say I have been tinkering. For those of you who
have properly examined what I've said... am I right so far?Is it
possible to hit that "advance" button via a midi controller such as a
foots witch (and, if so, how)?Take a look at this:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaGsPCKihC8>. The language is not
English but just watch from about 3:45.

I watched the video, and it seems clear (to me ;-) that the advance is based
on the click track (or whatever it is called).

Unless I totally missed something looks like in the video he is recording MIDI via a MIDI keyboard? Not sure if that's what the OP is asking...

As a very amateur musician, the advantage of midi note entry is I can do it in
other than real time.

The video didn't show it, but I wonder if there would be settings in Notion to
make the note entry at some slower rate, like half time or such.  So I could
enter notes in my slower fashion but then have them played back at "full
speed"?

In any sequencer (including Rosegarden), you can record at any tempo and then change the playback speed.

Lorenzo.