I tried sending this question via Netscape but received some errors. So I am trying
via MS Exchange. If this gets to you twice I am sorry.

I am trying to get rsync to keep two directory tree's in sync and I can't
seem to get rsync to follow the symbolic links to include the files in the directory
that the symbolic link points to. I have tried many different combinations without
success. If I have the following:

Machine #1                          Machine #2
    |                                   |
 chv4799                        chv4799
    |                                   |
   src                                 src
    |                                   |
   bin                                 bin
    |                                   |
     - file #1                           - file #1
     - file #2                           - file #2
     - file #3                           - (missing file #3)
     - symbolic link                     - symbolic link
            |                                   |
     (sub directory)                     (sub directory)
            |                                   |
             - file #1                           - file #1
             - file #2                           - (missing file #2)

can you PLEASE tell me how I get rsync to copy file #3 AND the file
in the sub directory pointed to by the symbolic link ( file #2 ) to
from machine #1 to machine #2?

Cheers,
   Charlie
     Charles Vogel, BOLDWeb