On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:

Jesse Vincent wrote:
I'd love to submit RT to Google's Summer of Code this summer. It's probably time to start brainstorming projects.

What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of code project?

It might take more than a summer, depending on how close-coupled you try to make it, but I'd love to see a connection between RT and opennms (http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Main_Page) so that network problems could open RT tickets automatically (that could probably be done by email now), and from the ticket you would have a link to the opennms node and asset info and history. One complication would be how to do this in a way that would still make sense if you delete network nodes or start over again with a new opennms database. A link to a twiki page using some convention for naming would be nice too.

We have started on working on such system, but instaed of opennms we are integrating RT-AT-Nagios.

--
Tomasz Wlodek Brookhaven Lab