On Tue, July 12, 2011 3:00 pm, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 09:55:21AM +1000, Joanne Keown wrote:
>>    I'm obviously missing something.  I have created a number of custom
>> fields and set them as
>>    applying to  "Ticket Transactions", on the expectation that these
>> would allow me to capture
>>    ticket data that I could both report on and update over a period of
>> time.  However, I notice
>>    that any data I captured against these is not being `saved' against
>> the ticket.
>
> Ticket Transaction Custom Fields apply to Ticket Transactions.
> They're displayed inline in the ticket history between the header and
> the content of the transaction.
>
> If you want to save it against the ticket, you want Ticket Custom
> Fields.
>
> You cannot search on Transaction Custom Fields, however all the data
> is available in the Database.

This explains why I have not been able to get this to work.  :-)

I am trying to figure out some way of tagging specific transactions.  I
have users who upload specific documents, or make specific comments, that
need to be tagged a certain way.  For example, one of our engineers might
upload a cost estimate to a ticket.  I want that transaction to be tagged
as a cost estimate, so we can find it later on.

Is there any way to do that?  I don't want to rely on file names, as this
gets dicey.  Any way to add a tag to a transaction that is searchable?

--------
2011 Training: http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html