On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 08:10:19AM -0800, Scott Benson wrote:
> ok, so it doens't look possible based on the ticket search. Can I
> manually edit the Saved Search to do what I need it to do? I see
> that the Saved Search is encoded some how, is this just a basic
> mysql query or is it based on the fake query saved by the search
> page? Will this area take standard mysql functions? If so is it
> possible for me to decode and re-encode it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Scott Benson
> System Administrator | A1 Networks
> Voice: 707-703-1043

It still looks like the best option would be to patch the Time::ParseDate
code to do what you want it to do. Even if you could inject "MySQL-isms"
into the search, it makes the result only useful for MySQL backends. I
know that I have wanted to do something similar in the past, i.e.
syntax like:

last month = the beginning of the previous calendar month to the end of the
month
last week = the beginning of the previous calendar week to the end of that week

this month = the beginning of the current calendar month to the end of the month
this week = the beginning of the current calendar week to the end of the week

I have not looked at what that would entail and still maintain the existing
functionality. Have you tried to contact the Time::ParseDate author?

Regards,
Ken
--------
RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)
*  Barcelona, Spain  November 28 & 29, 2011