Hi,

As I have posted recently, I am working on upgrading our current production RT 3.8.1 to RT 4.2.5

I have a working copy of RT 3.8.1 on my test server including a copy of our current production database which is over 18 gig of old data. I have imported this database into RT 4 and when I run make upgrade-database against the RT4 database, it runs a while and then dies with a message that the script was killed.

What I would like to be able to do before our "real" production upgrade is to wipeout everything from a given date back, including objects/attachments or anything associated with tickets older than 3 years. Our current production RT3 database, in all it's glory will be archived for posterity. I was not the original admin of our RT system, so I am still on the learning curve and not completely familiar with all of the database tables and how they are linked.

Will RT:Shredder do this or do I need to use a custom mysql query to catch everything?

Thanks,

Dave

--
RT Training - Boston, September 9-10