Greetings Ron:

I'm relatively new with RT but have progressed a lot and have already incorporated it into a live production environment.

To my experience, the scenario of "Group Additives", as you put it, or assigning a "group" within a "group", is not necessarily the best business practice.

I like to keep things well organized and have separate groups for different unique permissions.

In theory your concept may work, but not advisable in my opinion, coming from a security perspective, in the name of keep things organized and secure.

Cheers!
Reza.