Hello!

I'm using RT 4.4.1 sitting behind Kolab 16 as a mail server. This includes amavisd-new as a filter, and this combination causes bounces to RT occasionally... and my customers aren't getting my replies!

If I send an email to an RT ticket, which I am the owner of, RT sends an email on my behalf to the requestor (as it should). Unfortunately, amavisd-new sometimes sees 2 "Sender" headers and rejects the email which creates a new ticket in RT with the bounce reason. Here' the header-1.hdr attachment that amavis replies with:

   Sender: st...@example.com
   Sender: Stephen Switzer <st...@example.com>
   Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 23:55:55 -0500
   From: "RT, Support" <supp...@example.com>
   To: supp...@example.com
   Subject: Re: [SBS #99845] Laptop will not connect to the internet

<cy4pr10mb16247c062ad6e90c674e7ae1b4...@cy4pr10mb1624.namprd10.prod.outlook.com>
     <rt-4.4.1-1416-1482202966-319.99845-...@example.com>

Yes, I sanitized, even though you can deduce what it really was easily... :)

I grep'd the RT code, and found that lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm seems to be what is responsible... but no obvious line that tells me this code is used for OUTBOUND email. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? I'd be happy to hack code, I just want it fixed.

Thank you!

--

Best regards,
Steve

Stephen H. Switzer
President & Chief Technical Consultant

st...@sbsroc.com <mailto:st...@sbsroc.com>

*Main:*
*Cell:*

+1 (585) 298-9420 *Ext:* 7001
+1 (585) 202-8312

Support Desk:
supp...@sbsroc.com <mailto:supp...@sbsroc.com>

*Fax:*

+1 (585) 625-0020

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. The content of this email may contain private views and opinions, which do not constitute formal disclosure or commitment unless specifically stated. We do not enter into legally binding agreements via email.

<http://www.sbsroc.com> <https://plus.google.com/+SwitzerBusinessSolutionsLLCRochester> <https://www.facebook.com/sbsolutions> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/switzer-business-solutions-llc> <https://twitter.com/sbsroc>
The ASCII Group Xorcom Certified Dealer