Small update: I was able to fix the system errors for logging. While the
err.log doesn't contain much, there were two telling entries:

2017-01-26T01:12:29.975366Z 1622 [Note] Aborted connection 1622 to db:
'rt_service' user: 'backupdb' host: 'localhost' (Got an error writing
communication packets)
2017-01-26T01:24:16.284038Z 1628 [Note] Aborted connection 1628 to db:
'rt_service' user: 'backupdb' host: 'localhost' (Got an error writing
communication packets)

That's my MySQL backup account which only is used to dump the files and that's
my affected database.

I've got an active MySQL 'support request' out there:
https://forums.mysql.com/read.php?28,654543 , I'll be adding this shortly.

Something is definitely disrupting the connection.

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:28:10 +0000
From: "Cena, Stephen (ext. 300)" <s...@qvii.com>
To: "rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com"
        <rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] MySQL backups of RT 4.4.1 truncated

Update on my MySQL backup issue: no change. I've now moved the Windows TEMP
folders to the larger drive to see if the issue was running out of temp space
and it has not helped. I will keep the group updated to any developments, but
will refrain if its not anything noteworthy.  I'm going to try contacting the
MySQL forums as this looks to be more suited to them. I'm also going to see if
I can spin up a Linux MySQL DB server and "move" the tables into it via
SFTP/copy, then attempt a backup there. I'm good with MySQL but it's not my
bread & butter. Any additional help from the group will be welcomed.

To date, I've tried:
-Splitting the attachments table into its own backup job: failed.
-Moved MySQL temp folder/location to larger drive: failed.
-Moved Windows 2012 system TEMP folders to larger drive: failed.
-Ran MySQL diagnostics on the RT database affected: all tests pass

Stephen Cena
Senior Systems Administrator
Quality Vision International, Inc.
Phone: (585) 544-0450 x300