From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On
Behalf Of Joe Goodson
Sent:   Tuesday, April 06, 2004 8:05 PM
To:     RollTideFan-The University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List
Subject:        Re: [RollTideFan] Hey...Jobu  602 huh?

There is a rank due to the United States, among nations, which will be
withheld, if not absolutely lost, by the reputation of weakness. If we
desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure
peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it
must be known that we are at all times ready for war.

  - George Washington, Annual Message, December 1793