From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Rusty
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:15 PM
To: 'RollTideFan - University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [RollTideFan] Fw: Info you should know

The Booze-man wrote:

 "The facts do remain though that rate of Americans who die due to gunshot
wounds in Washington, DC is greater than the rate in Iraq.    It puts it in
perspective[...] "

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that most residents of DC do
not:

1. Walk around town in body armor
2. Commute to and from work in 'up-armor' humvees, Bradleys, and tanks
3. Spend the vast majority of the day in a heavily fortified 'green zone'

Don't get me wrong - we are in total agreement on the *issue*, as far as I
can tell.  There's just a part of me that gets real PO'ed when people take
numbers like these and try to compare apples and oranges - actually, this is
more like apples and bullets.

I can do it too!  Did you know that the incidence of rape and ice cream
consumption follow the same cyclical trend?  If we could just outlaw ice
cream, or even better require two forms of government-issued ID for people
who buy ice cream "for their own enjoyment", we could lock up those raping
bastards in a new york minute!  What a step forward this would be for the
women in this country!  And best of all, if a rape did occur, we would have
a handy database of ice cream consumers as primary suspects, which should
lead to quick resolution of the crime.

Or, it could be that no one but a retard wants to hangs his nads outside his
pants when its twenty below zero...or eat ice cream.

OBC - I love Bama and so should you!   And you!!  And you!!!

Rusty