Apparently the pressing matter is to remove existing monuments, etc. and
apparently it is quite pressing if you follow the antics of the ACLU, etc.

I guess this is just a case of "what's good for the goose is good for the
gander"  whatever a gander is.

I'm offended when someone burns the American flag on federal property, but
the Supreme Court says that is a protected form of speech. Why should it
matter then that others are offended by a religious symbol? The first
amendment states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Nowhere does it say that a religious symbol on government property is to be
construed as a establishing a religion. It is, however, RECOGNIZING the free
expression of religion. If it bothers enough people, then they have the
right to peaceable assemble to petition the government for a redress of
grievances. People who support the symbol have the same right, and all the
people have the right to request the local/state/federal government to put
to vote a referendum to determine if the majority of the people feel that
their grievances have been properly addressed.

Nowhere does it state that anybody has the right not to be offended.