Pat,
I consider myself a Pro-Lifer however, this woman has left me in turmoil. Most people know none of the facts of this case. Only bits and pieces from what the media has gave them. I live in the area and have followed this very closely and feel that this woman would truly want to go peacefully. First most don't know how she became "brain dead"! She got this way from her eating dis-order. She was so vain about her vanity that she was starving herself to maintain her appearance. Thus, causing her breathing to stop and lastly her brain damage. Secondly, who would want to lead an existance (not a life) that you were nothing but incoherent veg? Not me!

What really disturbs me about this case is a family that has had 15 years to prove Terry has brain activity, wanted to live or could have expert testify that she would get better with therapy. Now at the eleventh hour they have manipulated or State Government to circumvent the 15 years the courts have deliberated this. Even our State Supreme Court. Now it seems that they have even tried to get our Congress involved and thank goodness the courts aren' thaving any of this. You see the family won't let go! The husband has been made out to be a total ass and I really feel for him. He has been offered Millions to walk away and sign custody over to her parents. He has refused because, he says he made a promise to Terry and knows what her wishes. He says, it ain't about the money, only his wife's wishes. I have prayed long and hard about this and I feel that my wife knows my wishes better than my parents do. She knows that I would never want to exist in this condition.

Richard

From: "Pat Smoot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RollTideFan - University of Alabama Athletics Discussion List"<RTF@rolltidefan.net>
Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] Double Sad News Day In Florida... [Fwd:FNCAlert](non-Bama)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:01:17 -0600

Surely you people are not advocating that this poor woman be left in a hospital bed for another 15 years. Her parents are the one that should be shot. It's shameful. She should have been allowed to die a long time ago with just a little shred of dignity left. How many of you would really want this type of survival? How many of you would want your parents to see you like that for 15 years? How about your children? Why do we feel the need to torture humans when we euthanize animals?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Boozer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>