Dne 16.12.2011 21:20, Mo Morsi napsal(a):

On 12/14/2011 08:33 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Hi,

I have uploaded updated version of Ruby 1.9.3 packages into my testing repository. They are probably very close to the shape of Ruby I'd like to see in future Fedoras. The main changes are:

Hey Vit, a couple questions came up RE: Ruby 1.9.3 at today's cloud-sig meeting

- what changes to packaging guidelines if any will ruby 1.9.3 entail

There will be definitely new packaging guidelines. I hope we will be able to prepare the guidelines draft before end of the week. Some of the changes that we are planing are:

* New ruby(abi) constant version
* ruby-devel newly provides some RPM macros, typically used by non-gem packages. * rubygems-devel package now provides macros required by gem install (instead of querying ruby each time)
* New location for RubyGems and their binary extensions
* Deprecation of ruby- subpackages
* Encourage execution of test suite, however discourage of using Rake for such purpose

- what fedora version are you targeting this for and are you going to file a feature?

We are targeting Fedora 17. I have already prepared the draft of feature proposal [1] and I'd like to submit it to FESCo aproval before Christmas.

- to what extent will rubygems need repackaging/rebuilding/mass rebuilding? how to best go about proceeding w/ that

We have already tested to rebuild all ruby packages we were able to found (327 in total) and for most of them, we have already prepared patches. We were not able to rebuild 14 of them yet (but we'll try to reduce this number further). Nevertheless, these packages are typically un-maintained for longer period of time.

Thanks,
   -Mo

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Ruby_1.9.3